Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Our 1st Anniversary; As Told By Nathan!

HOWDY! IT'S NATHAN!

We went to Abilene for Martha Kate and Zac's wedding and found some fun things to do in the process! We left Friday around 2:30pm and I was NOT happy when my GPS said it was 5 hours away! (Although it turns out to only be about 4 and a half hours)

I had my fantasy football magazine and Allison began the trip as I navigated. We traded off somewhere in the middle of nowhere at a gas station. The rednecks in the gas station told Allison she could eat more because she's skinny... they also graciously waived their $5.00 minimum when our Gatorades and peanuts rang up to a grand total of $4.80. I think it was because big Al batted her eye lashes at them. WORKS EVERY TIME!

When we tried to use the bathroom in this po-dunk gas station, the aroma from the right toilet was very evidently from a toilet which was clearly out of commission. However, the man said to both of us, "Use the one on the left." I thought it was funny because: A) I could clearly hear him tell Allison when she went 2 minutes earlier, B) there was a man working on the right toilet, and C) because I couldn't stop imagining Cousin Eddie exclaiming, "Merry Christmas! Sh$@%&r's Full!"


So we arrived in Abilene and ate at Sharky's Burritos with Jennifer and her roommate! It was tasty, but I still pledge allegiance to Freebirds!
That night, Al went to Martha's Lingerie party while I watched the Opening Ceremony. It was not very exciting and I almost fell asleep when Al texted me to come get her. 

The next day we woke up and went to the ZOO! I'll let Al upload the pictures later because we're about to leave. The zoo was awesome! It was $5 and we saw so many animals! Definitely a MUST if you ever find yourself marooned in west Texas... 
The wedding was that night. We had fun and the ceremony was beautiful! The food was tasty and the little cake things were yummy too. Congrats to Martha Kate and Zac Robinson!
Sunday we drove back to College Station after breakfast. I drove the first half and she took us home! The drive was fun because we had a lot to reflect on. When we arrived we said goodbye to Courtney and Katie and then got ready for dinner! We went to Luigi's Italian and it was AWESOME! We will be going back sometime soon! 
We picked up a few movies at Target and a bottle of wine and just hung out at home after dinner. We were stuffed! We still had enough room for our wedding cake one year later! It was better than I thought it would be!
Overall, we had a great weekend! Looking forward to 100 more years with Woodle!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are the cutest! And Nathan should be a regular contributor to the blog!

    ReplyDelete