Geeeez Louise! Maybe one of these days I won’t have to recap a whole 3 months of our life at one time.
Alas…here we are!
A LOT has happened over the past few months. I never would have guessed that we would be where we are today so let me backtrack…to November. Sorry!!
I wrapped up my student teaching the week of Thanksgiving. I loved loved LOVED my class. I was sad for it to come to an end, but thankfully I took a long term substitute position at the same school so I was still able to see the kiddos! I subbed for a 4th grade class, it was so fun! I even made it through my first Christmas party…phew!
We spent Thanksgiving in Lufkin and then headed back to College Station for the last A&M home game of the season. We sat with my mom and dad on the alumni side, so weird! We beat the snot out of Missouri and my parents got to experience their first Aggie football game. It was SO much fun! Johnny Football sure doesn’t disappoint. Looking forward to next season!


I graduated on December 15. Hallelujah! All of our family came in town to celebrate, it was a good time! And Nathan surprised me with a wedding band and pearl earrings for my graduation present. What a sweetie :)
Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, and I love it even more now that we’re able to spend it together. We decorated our house as soon as Thanksgiving was over… I wish we could leave up our decorations year round. We went to Lewisville and stayed with Nathan’s parents for a few days. We played whirly ball, went bowling, celebrated Nathan’s 23 birthday, opened presents, and had a scrumptious Christmas dinner. It was a really relaxing few days. Then we headed to Lufkin to celebrate with my family. It’s always a busy couple of days but so good to see everyone.
On New Year’s Eve we celebrated our 6th anniversary! We kept it low key this year and went over to my parent’s house. We played games and ate a ton of food. Our friends Martha Kate and Zac came over, it was so good to see them for a little bit before they moved to Alaska! It was a perfect way to ring in the New Year if you ask me!
A couple days later we watched our Aggies play in the Cotton Bowl, we hammered OU. It was such a good way to end the season!
The next day Nathan had an interview with a Marriott hotel in Plano. He did really well in the first interview and they called him back for a second round that evening. The next day he found out that he got the job! …and on the same day I was offered a job at the school I student taught at in Navasota. It’s hard being adults and having to make difficult decisions, but that’s life! We decided to accept Nathan’s job in Plano and started packing up to move to Lewisville.
We had a couple of weeks to pack up before Nathan had to be at his new job. Since neither one of us were working we saw a movie almost every day! We are definitely going to miss those cheap movie tickets…and a lot of other things about our beloved College Station.
We headed to Lewisville with our cars packed to the brim. We moved in with Nathan’s parents because we weren’t able to get out of our lease in College Station. Nathan started his job the Monday after we got into town. He is really enjoying it, once his schedule calms down it will be even better. I interviewed for a part time job as a math tutor on that Wednesday and found out the next Monday that I got the job! I’m ready to get started.
On January 26 we celebrated my grandparent’s 50th wedding anniversary. They didn't have a wedding when they were married 50 years ago so my mom and aunts arranged a party for them. They even had a wedding and groom’s cake for them to cut together. I loved seeing them get to interact with one another and all of their friends and family. I’m so grateful for my family, and once again it was a busy fun filled weekend of celebration.
So so so much has happened in the last few months and I’m sorry it took me so long to fill everyone in.
Thanks for reading, I promise the next one won’t be so long!
Loved reading this! Congrats on both of your jobs :)
ReplyDelete