Monday, June 2, 2014

Emerson's eight month update



Emerson is EIGHT months old! That’s 2/3 of a year people. Holy moly!

In exactly 4 days I will get to spend everyday, all day with her and I could not be more excited.  It’s been hard this year only getting to see her for a few hours in the evenings, but we sure do love that time together. 

It’s hard to believe my first school year is almost over…but I’ll post about that later J


This month has been so fun! (I know that’s probably annoying to hear me say every month, but seriously, she learns new things everyday!) Just today she started PULLING UP! 

This month:

She did a lot of partying!  We got to celebrate Kendall at her wedding shower, Kevia and Ryan at their baby shower for baby Ella, and my friend Jackie’s baby, Liam, at his first birthday.  We had a great time, we love celebrating with our friends.
Happy Birthday, Liam!

We can't wait to meet Baby Ella!
She came up to my school for our family fitness night and the 4th grade choir concert. The kiddos were so excited to see her!

We celebrated my first Mother’s Day together.  I’ve experienced a whole new kind of love getting to be her mom.


She has moved up to level 2 foods.  She has recently needed to eat 2 jars at night before bedtime.  She LOVES to eat all kinds of baby food, although we just discovered that peaches don’t love her back.
 
More sherbet please!

Excited about chow time!

Emerson has developed a love of all things that are not her toys. Her favorite things are tennis shoes (she is not picky about them being on or off your feet), water bottles, Tupperware, keys, and paper. She’s our own personal paper shredder!
 
hahahaha
She’s waving now! She started out waving backwards, but she’s getting the hang of it. I can tell she’s proud of herself when you celebrate with her! (or maybe she’s confused, either way it’s adorable.)

She is army crawling up a storm.  She is able to crawl on her hands and knees but I guess that isn’t as fun. She relies on the army crawl most of the time.  She has also started straightening her arms and legs out, where her legs are standing up.



She sleeps on her tummy with her bottom up in the air.

She swung at the park for the first time and loved it!



She’s eating snacks now.  We’re working on being able to grasp them and put them into her mouth.  She can grab them but they end up on the floor for Tucker most of the time. His favorite thing right now is to lie directly under her highchair while she’s eating.  It cracks me up!

Went to Lufkin for her cousin Aaron’s high school graduation.  Congratulations, Aaron! While we were there Emerson got to catch up with her family...and stay up way past her bedtime.  We had a great time!
Passed out on Uncle Robert, she looks so big! 


Headed home :)
Playing with Pawpaw Sears 
She loves her cousin, Brent!
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from this month:









So glad we got to see Martha Kate for a little bit! We miss you!




And today while I was at work Nathan kept sending me videos of her pulling up! I got home and look what I found...




Yay, Emerson! You are getting so big and I love watching you learn and grow.  We love you to the moon and back! Happy happy happy 8 months :)


No comments:

Post a Comment