Monday, July 23, 2012

Home for the Weekend


Happy Monday!

Our day started off super early this morning so that we could make the drive back to College Station before work. I HATE getting up early but it’s worth it to spend a little more time with our families. Plus, Nathan drives and lets me nap. He’s the best!

This weekend was a blast though. We were both really looking forward to seeing our families since they have all been traveling during the past month.  We left for Lewisville after we got home from work on Friday.  Nathan’s dad made dinner for us and we got to relax and hang out with our good friends Clay and Josephine. 

Saturday morning the boys went golfing and I got to spend a few hours with my mom-in-law.  It was great to catch up with her, and to hear about her trip!

We spent the rest of Saturday at my parent’s house. Katie had her third knee surgery on Thursday (crossing my fingers that this is the LAST one!) so we just hung out at home watching movies and, of course, a ton of Criminal Minds sprinkled in.  My mom made the BEST enchiladas for dinner! Yummy :) We ended the night by watching one of our family favorites, The Pink Panther! I may or may not say a lot of the lines...and it may or may not be really annoying to my couch mates.  



Sunday morning we went to church and then Nathan went to his house while I went to get my nails done with Courtney and Noelle.  Thanks for the mani, Court! We HAD to make it home by 7:00 sharp for the finale of the bachelorette.  We are addicted to that stupid show. And although Nathan would like to say otherwise, he secretly enjoys it too.  Alas, another season has met its dramatic conclusion, and I can go back to doing more productive things with my time.

I hope your week is off to a great start!

P.S. Meet the newest addition to our fam, Oliver :)


1 comment: