Aside from raising baby not a whole lot has been going on around our house lately!
Today I had intended to get some housework done but Emerson just wasn't having it. I guess it was one of those days she just needed to be held. My maternity leave is quickly coming to an end and I took the opportunity to cuddle with my little girl today. She is the sweetest little person, I could stare at her all day!
The first few weeks she was home she cried a lot of the time and we were at our wits end because we didn't know how to help her. At her check up we found out she wasn't gaining enough weight. Once we figured that out and got her feeding schedule adjusted she has been such an easy going baby.
She rolled over for the first time last week! (5 weeks old) It was only from her stomach to her back but I was still impressed! She has a really strong neck and leg muscles.
I took her for another weigh in last Tuesday and she gained a whole pound in a week. The doctor was thrilled. Her color looks better and her cheeks are getting a little chubby. Yay! :)
She's starting to sleep longer during the night. Right now we're getting one six hour stretch! I can't tell you how refreshed I felt the first time she slept six hours. I love(d) to sleep and that has by far been my biggest adjustment since she was born.
I got the okay from my doctor to start working out again...finally! After not doing anything besides walking for 10 months my first run was rough. But it felt good to get back out there! Now I just have to stick with it, which should be interesting when I go back to work. I am really wondering how working moms do it all. I'm freaking out about it already!
But before I go back to school we get to celebrate her first Thanksgiving, we're so excited!
Here's a few pictures from the past 2 weeks :)
 |
| Hanging out with daddy at her doctor's appointment |
 |
| BFFs |
 |
| She likes to party... |
 |
| This was too hilarious not to document. Peed on! |
 |
| Gig'em Aggies! |
 |
| Smiley :) |
 |
Playdate with her friend, Selah!
|
 |
| Kisses from daddy |
 |
| Snugglin! |
 |
| haha... |
 |
| Pretty girl :) |
 |
| Played so hard she passed out! |
 |
| Such a good big brother :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment