Here's a look back on the past 2 weeks with our little family.
We did things a little topsy turvy, and Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year, so I convinced Nathan to let us get our tree before Thanksgiving. I know to some that seems like madness but we experienced a brief cold snap and I could NOT resist. We even made gingerbread cookies, had a fire in the fireplace, and watched Christmas Vacation--it was perfection!
Emerson loves to play on her play mat and stare at the lights on the tree :)
We celebrated Thanksgiving with Nathan's family last Tuesday since he had to work Thanksgiving day. We had a fun day of eating our weight in sweet potatoes, dressing, turkey, ham, pumpkin pie--you name it, we ate it! I felt like I weighed 300 pounds when we left!
![]() |
| Food coma...and Emmy's tiny baby blanket. lol |
![]() |
| Hangin with Uncle Mitchell |
On Friday morning we went to Emmy's pediatrician for her check up. She was supposed to be getting her 2 month shots but her heart rate was high so her doctor wanted to hold off on the shots, and instead we headed to get an EKG. The cardiologist said the results were normal but because of my family history with Tachycardia they want us to take us to her in to the specialist to make sure there aren't any irregularities.
Aside from that scare she got a clean bill of health and is weighed in at 9.1 pounds! She's getting a little belly and it's adorable :)
After her appointment we went to my parent's house to have Thanksgiving with them. We ate and then I fell asleep on the couch. Naps are hard to come by these days so when someone wants to hold Emerson I take the opportunity to catch a little shut eye. I slept too long and had to hurriedly get ready for our Christmas pictures! (And let me tell you, having a baby makes it a little tougher to just get ready to go somewhere on a whim.) As soon as I fed her we changed her into her picture outfit and as I was putting her bib on she spit up all over her dress--go figure! Quick change and we were off to the races.
We had a good time taking Christmas pictures, I can't wait to see how they turned out!
Today, Emerson is 2 months old and we're more in love with her than ever! She captures my heart a little more everyday...if that's possible.
She has recently starting cooing and it is the sweetest thing. I love listening to her "talk."
She is sleeping less during the day and going 6-7 hours straight at night. Thank God!
The doctor was impressed with how well she can hold herself up and her neck control!
She makes more eye contact and melts my heart when she grins at me.
She enjoys laying on her mat and playing with her toys.
Her eyes and hair have gotten a little lighter.
She has finally grown out of newborn clothes, yay!
Her feet are so long! She's also outgrown some of her socks. Those are soccer playing feet!
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last 3 weeks...
![]() |
| sweetness |
![]() |
| She's just so dang cute! |
![]() |
| Poppy's girl :) |
![]() |
| We're professional snugglers |
![]() |
| Hanging out with Aunt Bug |
![]() |
| Smiles for Daddy! |
![]() |
| Bowling with my boo |
![]() |
| First time at church, she ate and slept the whole time :) |
| Looks like she might be holding her own bottle soon! |
![]() |
| Too much cuteness! Did NOT want to leave them this morning :( |





















No comments:
Post a Comment