Saturday, May 9, 2015

April showers bring May blog posts!!

I cannot believe I haven't posted since the New Year. Well....I can, since Emerson turned one and I stopped holding myself to a firm update, I've kind of fallen off the wagon.

This post won't be so much about the happenings of our family, but more about Emerson growing and learning and changing! And she has done so much of that...so get ready! Emerson turned 19 months old last Saturday. I had this post almost finished, and then the week started again.  But here we are!

Emerson is very fond of her babies. One is most always attached to her hip.  Whether she's carrying her around the house, riding in the buggy with her at the grocery store, snuggling with her at bedtime, or going to daycare with her, they are best buds!






Emerson says night night prayers and bows her head at dinner time, both culminating in a big, hearty AMEN!

She started walking herself to timeout about two months ago.  We designated a spot and if her behavior warrants a timeout, all we do is tell her and she goes and sits there until we come get her. We were in shock the first time...and it's still hard not to giggle silently to ourselves when she gets around the corner.

Her first time in timeout. 
She loves to buckle everything! Which means she is adamant about buckling herself...which is great, unless I'm running late for work.  Mrs. Marti says that Emerson buckles all of the highchairs when everyone gets up from the table.  

She loves her friends at school! There are two boys that she pals around with, and a sweet little girl that Emerson adores.  I was worried about her being rough with the little one, but she is pretty good with her.

She knows most of her body parts, her favorite is showing everyone her belly! 

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is her favorite show.  She goes crazy for the hotdog song! And I mean--CRAZY! She would watch it on repeat if we would let her...we definitely don't let her. I can only take so much! 

She eats pretty much everything. She eats cherry tomatoes like they are candy! A couple of her other favorites are green beans, kiwi, avocado, and apples. 







We turned her carseat around about a month ago.  She loves being able to see more than just the backseat.  But, now she asks for "bites" anytime we eat in the car. Smart girl! 

She has recently invented the "woahhh" game where she spins in circles saying "woaaah" until she gets so dizzy she falls over.

Waking up in the morning is not on her list of favorite things to do, she's a night owl like her mom.  Although, she tells us "night night" when she's had enough. She takes one, two hour nap.

Emerson loves to read, and she's recently took an interest in "drawing" and "coloring" pictures.  


She is talking up a storm--learning new words every single day! She is very vocal and is great about tell us what she wants/needs.  

She loves playing outside:  riding in the wagon, watering our flowers, drawing with chalk, swinging, sweeping, playing fetch with Tucker, blowing bubbles! Rainy days are hard because she is not nearly as enthused about playing inside.  









She loves to rough house with her dad.  They can get pretty crazy sometimes.  I think we got the best of both worlds with our rough and tumble little girl. :)


Here are (I'm not even going to lie) A LOT of my favorite pictures from the past few months!

Meeting sweet Evelynn for the first time :) Emerson wasn't sure about me holding another baby...
4th grade fieldtrip to Sharkarosa!

So much fun playing in the LISD FCA dodgeball tournament with my Camey family! 
Dinner with Mimi and WooWoo


This is her "I'm SO excited Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on!!!" face.
Trying our hand at gardening...
This might be my new favorite picture :)
At Sydne and Adam's gender reveal...it's a boy! 
That face...
Happy Easter! 
Dyeing Easter eggs with Mawmaw :)

Adventures through the woods! 
Dinner at our favorite place! 
...

Best buds

Emerson and Liam :)
Sweet girl!

17 months
Snow day!
Looking at pictures of us from prom...
In her natural habitat

Sweet baby!
Valentine's date with my guy!

Big puppy snuggles

Cheesin!

Partyin at Tessa and KJ's engagement party!

I'm not sure...

Celebrating Gigi on her birthday!

I love this face :)

Precious baby girl! 


Fashionista
One of my favorite pictures of all time
When our besties came to visit!

Happy 19 months (and a week) Emerson Paige! You are growing and becoming more of your own little person every day.  We love you to the moon and back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment