This morning I slept in late! Being home with my family and sleeping in are my two favorite things about the weekend.
Emerson is going to be 16 months old tomorrow! I didn't intend on posting monthly updates anymore but I feel like she has accomplished so much in the past month. And like I've mentioned before, my memory is pitiful, so I need to this month!
She has gotten a mouthful of teeth! One of her back teeth caused her a little trouble, giving her an upset tummy and a fever. I really hate the teething process, but it gives me some calm to know that I don't remember my own teeth coming in! Lol
She is talking up a storm and repeating a lot of what we say!
These are few of her favorite words right now
Mama (I know this isn't impressive, but she went on a hiatus from saying it...and she finally calls me Mama again!)
Bite
Bath
Knock Knock
Baby
Swing
Happy
Down
Snack
Mimi
Gigi
Poppy
Dog
She loves playing with her baby dolls! Feeding them their bottles, (and then trying to feed us the bottles) and rocking them, saying "sh sh shhhhh"
She LOVES to read. We got her a little chair for Christmas and she will sit in it and "read" her books. She has a couple that she wants us to read to her 10 times a day!
She is eating us out of house and home. She can put away the food! I'm so glad that she's not a picky eater.
She got two music sets for Christmas and she can actually makes sounds on the kazoo and the recorder. Which is fun for a little while...
She wants to wear bows a lot more know and she's started letting us put her hair in pony tails without immediately yanking it out.
The past few weeks at church have been a little rough. She hasn't been handling us dropping her off very well, and we haven't been making it very far into the service before our number gets paged. I'm hoping it's a phase that we'll get through soon.
She LOVES to play outside. She runs all over the place and investigates everything! When I went to pick her up after school the other day she was outside hitting a ball with a plastic golf club! (Her daddy was very excited about that)
She says "Hi" to everyone we come in contact with. Most of the time, people say hi back and she loves that! She is so friendly. :)
She is really good at giving sugars! (kisses)
During Christmas break she was very inconsistent in her sleeping habits (which was probably my fault) but as soon as school started back she began sleeping through the night again. I guess she figured out she better get to sleep because 5:45 comes early!
She knows to run to the door when I say, "want to get the mail?" :)
She also can tell when I'm about to hang up with someone on the phone and she'll start saying, "BYE!"
![]() |
| Playing with play dough at Mrs. Marti's! |
![]() |
| That face...hahaha! |
![]() |
| Best buds! |
![]() |
| This is a hat she wore when she was itty bitty... |
![]() |
| Swinging with Justin at the park! |
![]() |
| Waking up Sydne. |
![]() |
| We got to see the Glass family! Emmy is wearing Sully's coat. :) |
![]() |
| I love this girl! (Can you believe how big she's gotten?!) She's in Kindergarten! She said Emerson was "the cutest thing!" Haha |
![]() |
| Love and miss my bestie! So glad they came to visit for the weekend!! |
![]() |
| Swingin :) |
![]() |
| She has a new found love of blackberries. |
![]() |
| My pretty girl! |
![]() |
| Hanging out after breakfast |
![]() |
| That is a seat on a big bicycle sculpture. Isn't she precious? |
![]() |
| We enjoyed getting to see Lauren and Jake! |
![]() |
| Emerson was tired of taking pics I guess |
![]() |
| This is just funny to me. They are taking up the same amount of room and one is substantially larger than the other... |
![]() |
| Her new favorite game is getting clothes and walking around with them on her head. It's quite entertaining to me, too! |
![]() |
| She melts my heart! |
![]() |
| Swingin...again! |
![]() |
| Reading books! (I have this one memorized) |



























No comments:
Post a Comment