Sunday, May 19, 2013

A ranch wedding for Mr. and Mrs. Metcalf

This weekend we headed to Spring Branch, Texas to see our good friend Jacob Metcalf marry his sweetheart, Lauren. They are two of the coolest people you will ever meet, so we were very excited to get to celebrate with them!

We drove down on Friday when Nathan got off work...which was two hours later than we had originally planned. Getting stuck in 5 o'clock traffic was less than ideal. It took us 6 hours before we finally made it to San Antonio. What a drive...we were exhausted when we pulled into the hotel at midnight! Our friends Andrew and Rebecca stayed at the same hotel so Nathan hung out with them for a bit that night...while this exhausted preggo girl passed out in the room.

Saturday the boys had to attend to their groomsmen duties so Rebecca and I passed the time by doing a little shopping. The wedding was actually an hour away so we got ready and then headed out to Spring Branch. They got married on a beautiful ranch in what seemed like the middle of nowhere.

The ceremony was performed in an open field. It was so beautiful, the sun was setting as they exchanged their vows. Their cute pup , Franklin, meandered around and finally laid down right at their feet! I thought it was awesome that they incorporated him in the ceremony. He was even dressed for the occasion with a black bow tie...precious!

We all enjoyed a lovely dinner while the sun set, and it was great to mingle and catch up with all of our friends. Nathan got me on the dance floor, which is not easy. He's a good dancer, I just have two left feet. Oh well, it was a lot of fun!

I just love weddings, I always think back to our own wedding and what a special day that was for us. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Metcalf, we wish you all the happiness in the world. Enjoy your adventure together!

The happy couple being led out by Frank, so cute!

My dapper date and I at dinner :)

Workin up a sweat on the dance floor! Congrats again you two! It was a beautiful evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment