Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Back to School!

The first day of school was a success! It was crazy and hectic and scattered, but that's what I expected.  I honestly wasn't nervous like I thought I would be, and I can only attribute it to the fact that I have wanted to be in my own classroom for years and years...and the day finally arrived!

It's only Tuesday and I'm already beat.  Dead tired.  I would have gone to bed when I got home at 6:00 but I was afraid I would wake up in the middle of the night and be wide awake forever...which happens to me fairly often now.  The little one is messing with my sleep habits! She's 33 weeks along as of yesterday and that is CRAZY to me! Approximately 7 weeks until we meet here, I have tears welling in my eyes as I think about it.  (Happy tears of course!)

We actually had our walk through yesterday! Talk about a long day.  I headed straight over to the house when I left work at 4:30.  I had to go by myself because Nathan and my dad had to work but Courtney met me up there.  She's no homebuilding expert, but she's good for moral support. :)  It took about an hour, and we're set to close on Friday! I'm not holding my breath...but at least I can get a little excited.  Since we officially did the walkthrough I feel more confident about it this time.  Keeping our fingers crossed!

Sorry I don't have any pictures, I didn't even get a picture of my first day of school :/

Hope everyone's having a good week, and congratulations teachers! You've made it through the first 2 days...only 179 to go ;)


5 comments:

  1. Just the fact that you had the energy to blog impresses me! I've gone to sleep at 8:00 for the past 2 nights! Today is the first day that I haven't wanted to rush straight to bed when the kids leave at 3:00 so things are looking up ;)

    So excited for your new adventures in home owning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually blogging to stay awake! Lol I wanted to just go home and pass right out but I did my best to stay up until 9:00. Then I was a goner! Hope you had a great first week of school. :)

      Delete
  2. Love reading your blog! Congrats on almost getting through your first and closing on your house! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlee! I love reading yours too! Keep writing and I'll keep reading :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete