Tuesday, September 3, 2013

It'll happen when it happens!

Welp.  Here I sit...on my parent's couch...still not moved into our house.

I think I'm most frustrated because this situation is completely out of our control, and I am a control freak. It's okay...I'll admit that.  It's just that with a baby coming, and having a new job I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands to get our house ready--which is why I had my heart set on moving in before the school year started.  But, God has other plans...so here we are!

The tentative plan is to close this coming Friday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Let's just say I'll be a happy camper when all is said and done.  And praise God for the difficulty of moving into our own house! I mean, what a good "problem" to have.

On another note, I wrapped up my first week of teaching on Friday! It was a loooooong week and I am still worn out. (I should probably get used to that feeling.)  But I am loving getting to know my students and co-workers.

Nathan worked every evening last week so we didn't get to see each other at all.  Such a bummer! Especially because I had a lot to tell him about my first week at work.  Hopefully, this week will be better.  I miss just getting to talk to him! It's the little things...

On Saturday morning (6:30 is way too early for my first day off) we headed to College Station to drop off a dresser for Katie.  Thankfully, my dad drove so I could sleep in the car! When we finally made it to College Station the A&M football was getting ready to start.  There is nothing like being in College Station on game day.  It made me so sad that I wasn't going to the game! After we dropped off her dresser we headed to have lunch at Chicken Oil Company. They have the BEST burgers, and we got to watch the game while we ate.

After lunch we drove to Lufkin.  Once we got to Lufkin we dropped our luggage off at Mawmaw's house and then we headed to Jasper to have dinner with Nana and Papa for Nana's birthday.  It was great to see them and Uncle Jerry and Donna.  After dinner we headed back to Mawmaw's and went to work on Emerson's crib skirt. Holy moly...I didn't realize how much time it would take! Here we are working on it together as one big happy family!





Courtney and Mawmaw worked their tushies off and finished it for me after I had to leave.  Mawmaw said that next time she's just going to buy bedding for me. Haha! Thanks so much for putting it all together you two, I can't wait to see it!

Sunday half of us went to church with Mawmaw and Pawpaw and the other half went with Nana and Papa.  Afterwards, we went back and set up for my baby shower! My aunts and grandma are so sweet for putting it all together for me.  I had such a good time seeing everyone! It's sad that I won't be back until probably Christmas.  Emmy will be too little to travel for Thanksgiving.

Anyways, she got a TON of stuff.  We are definitely set in the clothes department! I can't wait to get into our house so I can get her room all set up! :)

Here are some pictures from the shower...sorry, there are a lot!


Mawmaw and the Bug

Baskets of goodies for little Emmy!

Almost too cute to eat...almost! 





Pawpaw enjoyed the treats :)

Who doesn't love chevron?!
An Aggie alphabet blanket! It's adorable! 
My wonderful aunts, the hostesses!
The girls with Nana
All the girlies
The soon to be great grandmas! Although I already think they're pretty great :) 
Court and Sis
Soon to be four generations 

After the shower we headed home.  My parents unloaded all the gifts...they can't wait for us to get our own place either.  We have taken over their other living room with all of Emerson's stuff!

Monday was Labor Day.  Nathan had to work--of course, so I spent the day packing up our room at his parents.  I took a break to go say bye to one of my best friends.  She's doing big things for the Lord and I can't wait to see how He uses her in Camden, NJ! Please be praying for her. She leaves tomorrow and it's going to be a long drive! I'll be looking forward to Christmas break so I can see her and she can meet Emerson! Until then Skype will have to do! I'm praying for you Jenn!

I finished the day at dinner with my mom. I love just getting to sit and talk with her! She's a lifesaver.

Today starts the beginning of another busy week, but hey--at least it's already Tuesday. :)

I hope you have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment