Friday, August 2, 2013

Last wedding of the summer/Our Anniversary

Last week we went to my first Rangers game of the summer! I've been wanting to go soooo bad but it's been too hot to go to the day games and Nathan usually works evenings so we just now got around to it. Nathan's old youth group was going and got a special rate on tickets so we took advantage of that. We picked a good one to go to, they ended up beating the Yankees 3-1!

Thursday night we attended Stacy and Sterling's rehearsal dinner.  We were one of the first people to show up (shocking I know) and while we were waiting for everyone else a cute little puppy made itself at home on my lap.  People started coming in and they thought I had brought her with me! Lol anyways we enjoyed a delicious barbeque dinner and some fun wedding games.  They have dated for such a long time that everyone was thrilled that the big day was almost here.

The beautiful bride to be!
 Friday was the day of the wedding.  We met up at the church to help decorate and get ready.  I got to see her put her dress on, she looked stunning! We finished getting our own dresses on and then it was time for the ceremony.  They got married at a beautiful chapel in the colony, they exchanged their vows in front of a wall of windows.  Absolutely gorgeous! After the ceremony we partied it up in the reception hall, Nathan spun me around the dance floor which is getting a little more difficult to do--my balance is getting worse, especially when I'm in heels. But we had a great time! Somehow I missed them cutting the cake, one of my favorite parts! But it was incredibly delicious :)  It was an awesome evening, Congratulations Archer's!



Saturday morning Courtney and I headed to our friend Katie Carley's baby shower.  She's due to have a sweet little girl in the middle of September.  I can't wait for our girls to be friends :)

All the preggo ladies 
On Monday, Nathan and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary! I honestly cannot believe that it has already been two years.  Time is passing us by too quickly! It is bizarre to me how much has changed in the past year of our life together and I know that this year is going to be a year of change as well.

In the past year we moved from College Station back to Lewisville so that Nathan could take a job in Plano. We both miss College Station but know that it was a good decision to move, and we do our best to visit every so often.  I started my own job search and thankfully God provided a part time job for me.  I started my tutoring gig in February and was employed there until the middle of May.  In February we also found out we were expecting! That was one surreal day.  I will always remember the look on Nathan's face, pure joy, shock, and bewilderment! :) We started the process of buying our own house (we should be closing right before school starts...that's a story for another post!) and took many trips to check on the progress while it was being built.  I found out the day after my birthday that I got a job! I was freaking out because I couldn't get one, and now I'm freaking out because I have one! Lol but my fear and anxiety is far outweighed by my excitement to get started.  We found out in June that we are having a little girl! By far the best thing that has happened to us this past year.  We are so excited to welcome baby Emerson in October! (It's fast approaching!!)

Our life together has experienced a lot...A LOT of change this year and I am so grateful that we have been able to rely on each other through it all.  Nathan, I'm blessed to have you as my partner in this life! Two years seem to have eclipsed us in the blink of an eye! I love you and am so very blessed to call you mine.

In honor of our second anniversary I've decided to post a few of my favorite pictures of us throughout our relationship.  Here's a look back on some classic Nate and Al :)

The very beginning, almost seven years ago

Look at how little Tuck Tuck was! 

He could not have caught me more by surprise :)

Engagement picture

July 29, 2011
One of our first pictures as Mr. and Mrs.

Honeymoon!

The day Nathan got his Aggie Ring

Last Summer in College Station

I've found my dancing partner for life! (Which is unfortunate for him, because I really stink at dancing!)

Baby E announcement :)

Dang flash almost ruined our picture! This was at our anniversary dinner.  
Sorry that I just inundated you with pictures, but sometimes it's fun to go down memory lane.  I hope you all have had a great week.  Enjoy your weekend and stay tuned for pictures from our 3D ultrasound we're having next week! I can't wait!


1 comment:

  1. Uhm...remember that time when I got so excited to hear about your house, you told me you'd keep me posted, and then I found out about it only because of the blog?? Sheesh.

    :)

    ReplyDelete