Sunday, September 15, 2013

We're home!

When we initially decided to move back to the metroplex we told ourselves we would live at Nathan's parent's house for a couple of months while we searched for a home to buy.  Little did we know that a couple of months would turn into 8!

We long overstayed our welcome, and we are so thankful that his parents let us live with them for that long...but living out of boxes--especially while you're in nesting mode is difficult.

We looked at a bunch of houses and eventually decided to go the new construction route which had major pros...and cons. The process began in February.  It was very exciting in the beginning but we ran into some bumps along the way. Ours definitely wasn't a smooth process but after our closing being pushed back 5 times, we FINALLY made it a week ago Friday.



We signed our lives away that afternoon and stayed on an air mattress in our very own bedroom that night! We were too excited to wait for our mattresses.

We spent all day Saturday packing up our things from both of our parent's houses.  Emerson's stuff alone took up an entire car! It's crazy that you can actually see the floor in their dining rooms now.

My mom spent all day Saturday, and a large part of the day Sunday putting shelf paper in all of our cabinets.  Thank God for her because I HATE doing that! My dad and Nathan took the brunt of the heavy lifting, and it was a family affair getting the ceiling fans put in.



Nathan's family brought the final van load of our stuff, and our most precious cargo--Tuck Tuck! They also brought us dinner, so sweet!

We are so appreciative of all the support our families give us.  I'm grateful...truly grateful.

The rest of our stuff from storage arrived on Thursday.  There are boxes everywhere...it's going to be a long process--and although I'm tempted to unpack like a crazy person, I'm making myself rest a little too.

Right now Nathan and I are working opposite schedules again which really stinks...but what are you going to do? At least I have Tucker to keep me company.  He seems to be adjusting to the new place pretty well--aside from his dislike of the yip yappers that live behind us!


Here are some pictures of the progress...I'll have some of the final product soon. :)










It's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment