The week started off rather normal. I worked all day and so did Nathan. I was really looking forward to Tuesday because it was my birthday and I was off work and had plans to go to breakfast with Nathan before he had to go into work. Weeeeell he ended up having to cover the overnight shift which means he passed out as soon as he got home at 7 am. Not before he stopped by the donut store on his way home to bring me a sweet treat for my birthday. I felt bad, I knew he really wanted to go to breakfast, but it wasn't his fault! I got up a little later and decided I would buy myself a few pieces of prego clothes since I'm quickly running out of room in all of mine. I shopped around and wasted time until he woke up and then headed back home to have birthday cake with my in-laws. Bill baked me my favorite, marble cake with chocolate icing. Yum!
![]() |
| Blowing out the candles...that kept relighting. |
The next day I went in to talk with one of the elementary school principals about what I could do to make myself more marketable. I have been living in a state of anxiousness since we moved back because I knew how how hard it was going to be for me to get a job here. I prayed and prayed about it and was having to seriously trust that God was going to work something out, even if it wasn't in education. The principal told me she would email a few principals and hopefully I would at least be able to get an interview. As soon as I pulled out of the school's parking lot an unknown number called me, it was a principal at an elementary school in the Colony. She wanted me to to come in for an interview! Getting an interview is half the battle so I was very excited!
I left work and rushed home to get ready. I made it to the school a little early, said a prayer, took a big breath, and headed in. Interviewing is extremely nerve-racking for me, but I was determined to not let them get the best of me. I felt like this interview was more of a conversation and it was the first time that I feel like I truly represented who I am and what kind of teacher I will be. I felt confident but I wasn't going to get my hopes up.
I headed home quickly because Nathan was taking me to Denton for my birthday! He surprised me with reservations at the Wildwood Inn which is the bed and breakfast we got married at almost two years ago. It was so special to go back there! We checked in and then freshened up for dinner. He took me to Giuseppe's, which we highly recommend! Delicious! After dinner we drove back to the square and got ice cream from Beth Marie's, we used to go there when we were at UNT. That feels like such a long time ago!
We walked around the square for a bit and then headed back to the hotel. I decided I wanted to go swimming since the pool was empty! The water was so cold because the sun was already down, I immediately rethought my decision, but aside from the stinkin mosquitoes it was nice to just float around.
We had to wake up early the next morning because I had to be at work at nine which was a bummer, but it was such a great night! He is full of good ideas. :)
Shortly after I got to work I sat down and checked my email, and found out that Camey Elementary offered me the job! Words cannot explain the feeling of relief and thankfulness...and down right shock that I felt when I first saw it. It was so exciting to be able to call Nathan and tell him the good news. I'll be teaching 4th grade language arts and social studies, which is exactly what I want to do!
This week I have been surrounded by fellowship with good friends, quality time with an awesome husband, rest and relaxation, and a job offer!! It really can't get much better than that. I am so very thankful for those of you who were praying for me while I was on the job hunt.
23 is going to be a very busy year for me. Welcoming a baby and starting my career are not going to be easy but I'm so excited about them both!
By the way, baby is doing well. I feel her kicking a lot in the evening time. Nathan even saw her kick! Talk about strange, seeing your own skin move like that is a surreal experience. Here's my most recent picture of the bump, it was taken on my birthday. (Disregard all of the junk, hopefully we won't be living out of boxes forever)

Congrats girl. It's a good feeling. Blessings blessings. So excited for your new job and bebe :)
ReplyDelete