Sunday, June 9, 2013

Two weeks ago I started nannying again. It's strange to take care of someone besides little Sully Wully but these girls are adorable too! We go to the park every day almost, they love to play and play and play. I'm really enjoying it, and it's good for me to have a set schedule for my days so I don't end up being completely unproductive this summer. The only thing that stinks is that my work hours are the opposite of Nathan's so we don't get to see each other as much...big bummer!

Last Friday my family (minus Nathan...boo) headed to Lufkin for my cousin's graduation.  Joseph is the 6th Loggins grandkid to graduate, only 5 more to go! They're all getting so old, it makes me sad. It feels like just yesterday we were all playing in the dirt together...which we did quite a lot of.  Now he's graduated from college and is off to do great things with his life! Love you Joseph, so proud of you!



After his graduation we headed to Del Rio's where we got to catch up with family.  They were all enamored with the baby bump!  I had to clarify multiple times that we still don't know the sex of the baby, I swear they thought we knew and we were keeping it from them.  Lol but stay tuned because we find out next week! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! :)

Saturday morning we headed out to the Loggins family cemetery.  Why, you ask?  For our family reunion of course! Growing up I never thought twice about the fact that our family gets together to catch up and eat good food with one another at a cemetery.  It wasn't until I got older that I realized how unique and slightly strange that is to the rest of the world aside from good ole East Texas.  I didn't get any pictures at the family reunion but I have a few from the rest of the day!

Mawmaw showing off her first tomato! 

Soon to be four generations :)
Precious Sally Sue
We headed to College Station Saturday afternoon to move Katie back in before she started summer school.  It was quite a long weekend and we drove back (minus Katie) to Lewisville on Sunday morning after a solid breakfast at Cracker Barrel. 

Last week was pretty normal.  We both worked.  Nathan was off on Tuesday so he went golfing with Clay.  That boy loves to golf! Thursday night I met up with some of my friends that I haven't seen in a while. We had dinner at Anamia's.  I ate my weight in chips and salsa! It was great to catch up, I love hearing about everyone's lives. We have two nurses in the group so I was given a lesson...or twelve on pregnancy and childbirth.  Great dinner conversation, let me tell you :) 




Friday night I went to the Josh Abbott concert with my friend, Elizabeth.  She moved back to Lewisville so I'm  excited to see her more now! The concert was 5 bucks so everyone and their dog showed up, it was PACKED! Thankfully we took our lawn chairs so we camped out at the top of the hill, we had a great view until it became so crowded that butt's kept inching closer and closer to our face.  Oh well, they put on a great concert!



This weekend I laid low while Nathan worked and worked. Poor boy--that's all he does these days. This is the first weekend we've been home in a month! June should be a little more on the subdued side...and for that I am very thankful.

Last but not least, I would like to wish my parents a happy 29th anniversary! They are still so in love after almost thirty years, and I'm so grateful to have them as my parents.  I love them and the example that they have set for us.  Hopefully, all three of us will follow in their wedded bliss :)

Goofballs!
Stay tuned next week for the gender reveal!! We are so excited to find out, and we can't wait to share the news with all of you.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment